Google

Thursday, April 24, 2003

Argh. Flopped about during my Numerical methods exam today. Horrible. Was so confdent to getting an A for at least this module, but ended up screwing the exam. Disappointed. On the other hand, though, the paper was really difficult, meaning that hopefully half the class fails (hehehe)... So I'm a selfish bastard. So shoot me.

4 more exams to go, and none of them trivial. Have decided I will give up on Maths and concentrate on statistical mechanics. Will probably need that more as I go on to do more difficult computational science stuff. But Math, O math... My understanding of the universe is limited not by my flawed intelligence at this moment, but more so due to my incredubly poor understanding of Math. O curse the day I decided to go into computaional science... Curse the day I was forced into taking a mth module offering no enjoyment, only the boredom of blind ingestion of knowledge...

But the exams aren't the only reason I've been remiss in writing this time around... Writing a weblog, you soon discover that your ability to express yourself, even when trying hard to be true, is severely limited. there's always something you never want anybody else to know about you, and this is most obvious for me when I write for a generic audience whom I will likely never know...

I read on skepdic that multiple personality disorder might actually be caused by the people researching it, and is not so much a manifestation of abuse. This might be because a personality is, after all, a social construct. Your 'self' is probably a result of your own actions than thoseof others... Now, I'm not trusting anything on skepdic without a lot more to support the author's claims (which is, after all, the whole point of being a skeptic), but this, if true, is really very scary for me. Explain more when I find out more. Heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home