Google

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Wherein I Finish My Exams and Make Plans for the Future

All right, my bluff has been called. I am not really "in a constant state of depression", but rather suffering from short, sporadic bursts of mild disappointment in the condition of my life.

I'm too practical to be really upset over anything. And I am a Singaporean with a penchant for exxagerating my situation. It comes from living on an island in which children are shielded from as much trauma as possible in their lives, and the slightest setback can seem like a life-threatening malice (Oh my god! My fingers are of irregular length! I'm a mutant!).

Anyway, my exams are over and I can forget about all the academic shame of the last semester. Not much in the way of celebrations so far, but then again I'm not really planning to do much since I only have the one week till the army rolls around. I'm hoping I'll get a desk job that allows me to stay in - don't wanna go to Australia anymore.

And after that? I dunno. I'm doing another semester, so I'll be looking for work in mid-June. I'm thinking either a short internship at some design firm or a waiter or front-desk job at some hotel. Have many plans to learn new things in this period - french, some digital-image processing, redo portfolio, learn Malay...

And after that? Well - back to studies, and this time I take only philosophy modules, which shouldn't be too difficult to pass. Just looking to graduate as soon as possible.

I said I would make plans for the future, but this is as far as I'm able to see, I'm afraid. Nothing stays the same, and I think I'll be happy to keep my options open for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home