Google

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sad Lives

A most amusing satirical article about eating at restaurants.Read it.

I realize that over the months I discovered Chocolate and Zucchini I've also started reading a bunch of other food blogs. I don't cook myself, but images of good food always make me feel slightly better about life in general.

Check out Cooking for Engineers, which has recipes I'd try as well as amazingly detailed instructions for cooking. Also Obachan's Kitchen, a food blog by a middle aged lady living in Japan.

Although all three blogs are about food, you realize that the style of writing makes them all so different. Obachan, for example, is slightly dark and for some reason I feel sympathy for her constant moans about being all alone in the world (which makes the fact that she cooks regularly commendable!), whereas Clotilde from the Zucchini seems like the bright and cheerful trendy friend that everyone likes. The engineer is a lot like an... engineer.

And its all so wonderful! Each recipe is infused with a personality and becomes that much more interesting. If I cooked I'd probably do Obachan's noodle recipes when I was unhappy and sad, whereas Clotilde's sound like the food I'd cook when friends and family come over. The engineer... well, he's more for when I'm feeling emotionally detached, I suppose.

The point is, read food blogs! They're fun and exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home