Google

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

18th Singapore International Film Festival

The 18th Singapore International Film festival is here again! I miss it every year because it always comes along during the exam period. I'm determined to catch some of the shows this year, though.

Unfortunately the opening and closing shows are ridiculously priced ($21??), though I'm sure even then they'll be full-house. Steam Boy by Katsuhiro Otomo is bound to draw audiences who loved Akira (ie just about any male under 50 who's watched it) and I needn't explain why people will watch Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

Evolution of a Fillipino Family is also expensive at $21, but I have heard many good things about it. Everything else is only the standard $8. Remembering that ticketing is done via SISTIC, which means a one dollar charge per ticket, the cost price is about seven a pop. Understandably, booking of venues like Lido and Prince will raise the price than compared to using Allianse Francais, but to double it from seven to 21? Hmmm.

I think I might just go down for one day during the reading week to binge on movies. Unfortunately they no longer sell those all-day passes that allow you to watch films the entire day. Which means I might end up spending over 50 on tickets.

Ah wel. It's one of those things that I keep telling myself I should do. And it'll make up for previous years of lost youth.

Anyone keen to join me for any of the movies?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me in! -xp  

2:13 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT TO GO!!.. and I will have your head if you go without me..

at least..even if I don't get to watch any film, I can be ensured of doing well for the finals..

chups  

9:40 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna go... need to pretend to be intellectual and have non-bimbotic pursuits. Hah!
Yunz  

12:07 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home