Google

Monday, April 11, 2005

Wherein I Turn Green with Envy and Desire

Okay, this girl from the Science Club decided to quit. Not because she haas problems with her work, not because she dislikes being in Science Club, but rather because she has decided that she has HAD IT with Computational Biology and would rather go off somewhere else to study design.

She sent out emails to all of us (the publications team) to let us know of her choice. I don't know if I had any part to play in her decision - we had this long talk about how miserable I am doing what I do now and how much I regret not taking up another major instead when we were manning booth at some t-shirt sale thing.

And now I am green with envy and desire, despite the fact that she is all nervous about not being able to make much on a living on design alone.

I have my cake and I suppose I must eat it, but it tastes so bad. Sour, you know?

I want another cake. Can I get another?

Please?

In other news, I do have another cake, and this one is just as bad, if not worse. It tastes wonderful, delectable in the extreme. But I can only have the tiniest nibble before it is taken away from me, and I can see nothing that would let me retain it. If you knew there was something wonderful in the closet and that you could hae a tiny little sample, but no more than that, would you at least want to try? Knowing that you would live with your desire forever, unvented, unfulfilled.

An air ticket to Paris costs at least a thousand.

I vaguely remember a friend telling me that if you really need money all you have to do is to keep thinking about how to get it and a solution will come up eventually. Of course, usually it's not ideal, and you'll have to compromise your own expectations, but then I'm supposed to be an intelligent adult with good problem-solving skills (though my Computational Quantum lecturer might disagree).

My blog seems to get loaded with poor metaphors, half-hearted descriptions of my own emotional bearings, scattered intentions and soppy sentiments in proportion to the condition of my life. At the moment it's pretty much FUBAR, so unless I suddenly get shipped off to Ethiopia without food and money (not that you can do much with money in Ethiopia except eat it) I don't think it can get much worse. So endure! Endure till the day I step out of this shadow of education and into the light of... dull dreary rat-racism! Endure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home