Google

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sweets and Shit

One of my most vivid memories of Paris was this marvellous pastry shop off near the Champs Elysee. They would have a website (yes, a pastry shop with a website) - Ladurée, the pastry shop that looked more glamourous and luxurious than the jewellery shops in Singapore.

And I'd gotten a chocolate macaroon (small, roud cakes crispy outside and soft and oozing with chocolate inside) but at the time had only enough sense in me to eat it and mumble about how good it was without finding out what it was called.

If you ever find yourself in Paris do visit this beautiful tea-salon and buy yourself a macaroon, if only to marvel at how magnificent the interior of the store is and to realize how important interior decor is to the french.


Whilst flushing, I broke the toilet handle. It was unfixable (especially since I was half-dressed and had toilet paper for tools) and now my roommate and I have a non-functioning toilet, meaning we have to go out to do our business. For my part, I''m trying to drink less water and consume less food.

Photo0022

Thankfully, said roommate, despite being antisocial and almost nonexistent to me, seemed nonchalant about the matter and expressed little irritation with me. He also said, to my great relief(haha), he would fix it today. Whee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes yes Macaroons are tasty. But what I'm more interested is what job is that, which requires you to read newspaper early in the morning..

Secretary to an illiterate property tycoon?...  

8:47 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home