Google

Friday, May 20, 2005

Wherein I Finish Another Dickens and Run a Bit

Finished A Tale of Two Cities. For those of you who don't know, it's the one that starts off with:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

I love Dickens. I remember reading all the abridged versions of his works in my youth, which did his prose no justice whatsoever (but which Mother proclaimed to be good for my Education).

Also, inspired by Nick, I will post my physical training schedule. It's supposed to inspire me to greater heights of training and keep me doing it. In case I haven't mentioned, I'm taking part in the OSIM Singapore Asian Triathlon 2005, but of course not in the full triathlon (Nick was unmoved by my plea to his ego about how boosted it would be if we completed the complete triathlon - because he ostensibly does not possess one), but rather in the "Sprint" category, which is half the distance.

This week's training:

  • Monday - sat on my ass all day
  • Tuesday - discovered I wouldn't be able to get my second bar unless I pass my IPPT (see post two days back) and did a 4km run, followed by a 2km walk (because I was weak)
  • Wednesday - did a trial 2.4km run, completed in about 11 min (an embarrassing timing for anyone who intends to take part in a triathlon)
  • Thursday - sat on my ass all day again, but was comforted in the knowledge that I had cause to do so - I was allowing the body to rest for the next day's exertions
  • Friday - Completed an entire IPPT with a silver grade and then went swimming for 600m. The pool was overflowing with little children whose parents had wisely sent them for swimming lessons, though there was barely room for them to learn anything but how to struggle in the water and grab at the other people there.

Oh, and I passed IPPT, did I mention? I'm getting promoted! Supposedly this coming June I will be able to return to the army with two flimsy bars on my shoulders, a sign at last of my seniority in the army.

My happiness is somewhat dampened by my chief clerk's confiding in me that I was most likely to be posted as a PC somewhere unless I sell her my soul and promise to do programming for her the enternity of my National Service days. Oh god. The idea is nauseating.

Exactly one more week, and I can finally ejaculate my joy to the world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home