Google

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Language, Music and Time

A list of Chinese Proverbs. It's disheartening that I cannot translate any of these at all, considering that for my last chinese exams I memorized quite a bit of the "1,000 proverbs for Everyday Chinese Use". Admittedly I haven't used a single one in my everyday chinese, which consists of "Auntie, gei2 wo3 chao3 fan4, da3 bao1 de4." which doesn't open much leeway for proverb-use.

Decided if I'm going to get a new job it won't be Crystal Jade.

Despite my poor chinese, I do know quite a few chinese songs. I'm a fan of Faye Wong, as those of you who have been to KTV with me will know. You'll also have heard my very bad impersonation of her in my screechy falsetto. So far no one has approved. Well, if you thought I was bad, listen to this Norwegien band pulling a Bonnie Tyler - it'll crack you up. Total Eclipse of the Heart (and your ears, by the time you're done).

I also came across, quite by accident, the trailer for the movie Rent. Supposed to be based on an award winning musical and La Boheme (I hope not too much), it's about a bunch of struggling artistes who have problem with paying their (you guessed it) rent and trying to express themselves. From what I've seen the cast look like a motley bunch of racial-varied artistic types and the plot promises complex motive-and-expression. Out in something like 5 more months, but I'm already holding on the edge of my seat for this one.

Lastly, this one here's something of a Photoshop Phriday for romance novels. Read and laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home