Google

Saturday, June 25, 2005

A Bad Day

It's been a bad day.

went home to pick up some stuff, but fell asleep on the bus, missed my stop and ended up somewhere else far away. It took me another hour to get home, a waste of time that could have been spent in other more fulfillingly wasteful ways.

I broke my first piece of glass working today. It was a wine glass, and though I didn't drop it, I did smash it with a pitcher, causing it to collapse into pieces. Then I was sent home early (not because of the wineglass, though) because the crowd was thinning and there were already too many waiters - six - there for me to be of any use. I understand entirely, but the loss of nine dollars potentially earnt wrings my heart.

I went back and decided to go biking, only to discover that someone had stolen my bike. Rather, it's brother's friend's bike. So I will have to pay for a bike that I used only twice, plus I will have to get a new one for the competition. A pox on bike stealers! I guess I should have known better than to lock my bike beside a child's. No prizes for guessing which would have been stolen had an opportunistic thief come along.

Tried to run to NUS and back, but ran out of energy half-way through. Unsure if it was the lack of nutrition today, fatigue from work, too much exercise, that I was wearing my contacts or lack of rest (that one's unlikely) but about 4km in the 9km route my legs refused to run anymore and I walked the rest of the way in a rather dazed, zombie-like manner, shoking several girls whom I sneaked up behind (not meaning to, I just walk very softly).

Ran out of saline solution for contacts just as I was removing them.

And now I just received an email regarding Biophysics 3. I know, I just know that I'm gonna end up taking it - because I am an idiot and I will take crazy modules to ruin myself. It will be boring, I will be disappointed and lose all interest in it, and end up failing it. Urgh.

In other news, there's a Progressive Reading Programme coming up, where volunteers go help little kids from lower income families learn how to read. I think it's a good idea, and if there's anyone who should promote the love of reading it should be me. Think I'll sign up, if Seet and gang dont have anything else other than the hospital planned. Don't want to volunteer there anymore - I feel like a serf in the service of Empress Muntaj, who has at her command dozens of student slaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home