Google

Friday, November 04, 2005

Skype Zones!!!

I love Skype!

Singapore has 76 Skype Zones (check out the locations here)!!! That makes us the most densely Skyped region in the world, I'm sure. If only those MacDonald's outlets would get in on the craze we could break another world record!!!

What are Skype Zones, you ask? Well, they're special areas where you can connect to Skype (not sure about the internet connectivity required) using... your laptop (running Windows XP or 2000)!!! What's that, you say? If you have an internet connection and a laptop why bother using Skype Zones when you could just regular Skype? Godless fool! Turn your sights a year into the future, when palms and portable devices are Skype-ready! Those businessmen will be congregating to cafes with Skype Zones just to make their calls! Whoopee!

Sign up now! Now!!!

(*Warning: Posts this early in the morning can only mean no sleep last night*)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not comprehend. So what this means is that I will not get any connectivity other than skype in these zones?

in LIBRARIES? I will punch whichever godless fool tries to use skype while I'm perusing my Learn DOS 3.6 in 10 Days or somesuch.

Also, Courts Jurong Point has no cafe. And the lobby of Funan the IT Mall is already covered by free WiFi, AFAIK. I have not analyzed the other locations, for I am currently waist-deep in Prolog syntax, but will do so when time permits.

It boggles the mind.  

11:15 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray, we can do a lot more things liao. Like sit at mac and have a blogging marathon!

Btw have you tried surfing for explicit materials?  

2:05 PM
Blogger Unknown said...

Do you even know what Skype is???  

11:14 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until you asked this rude question, I seem to have a wrong idea about what skype is, thanks to your descriptions.

Apparently you post is so lacking in detail, that perhaps only nerds will know what the hell it is all about.

"Skype is a little program for making free calls over the internet to anyone else who also has Skype. It’s free and easy to download and use, and works with most computers. Download Skype now or learn more about Skype (incl. screenshots)." - http://www.skype.com/

I may not know what skype was. But i do know what your intentions are for all the enthusiasm. Making overseas call can only seem as a way for lessening the pain of living a lie.  

12:31 PM
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I'm sorry my public service announcements lack information. In any case, if you still haven't heard of Skype it's probably because you have no use of it anyway. In any case, I really doubt I'll be so desperate to use it at a Macs.  

4:06 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home