Google

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Updates Week of 23 May

It's confirmed at last, and I leave tomorrow.

Training progress for the week:

  • Monday - Swam 1.5km, timing for 1.0km 25:10, realized public pool not so crowded after seven when the little children go home to have their dinner
  • Tuesday - No formal exercise, but I ran around Singapore the whole day on Official Army Business and spent at least three hours on public transport, which has to count for something
  • Wednesday - Ran 6.5km in 36:32, which is an embarrassing timing, but again I spent so much time on public transport my ass was aching and my legs not working quite right
  • Thursday - Might go jogging later, though from my state of unpackedness I doubt it

As Nick puts it, I'm gonna be pretty much fucked for the triathlon. On the other hand it's taken something of a back seat these days, what with my rediscovered work-addiction and Abandonia, home of abandonware DOS games. Ahhh, the good old days of 8-bit sound and 16-bit colour, the era when I would spend hours trying to configure my PC just to run the new crap out on the market.

These days if it doesn't work upon installation I just uninstall and go read a book.

The old classics were still the best, really. The days when games were actually fun and features were still new, instead of being tiny noveilties built into yet-another real-time-sim or action-shooter. When the multiple unit selection of Warcraft 2 drew gasps and admiration from all who had played the original Warcraft. And despite the claims that games these days are more interactive, you could do a lot even back then. I liked to go bungee - it was before 3rd-ed rules and I could fly in Menzoberranzan for up to five minutes before the spell ended and I came crashing back to earth to lose all HP and die horribly, only to load and reply.

Yes, the goold old days were really the best, I'll say (at the risk of sounding like my father).

Okay, going to pack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home