Google

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Wherein My Roommate Shocks Me

So I was washing my face this morning, rubbing some exfoliating gunk into my face and leaving me looking like some kind of facial-cream monster and smelling of peaches, when my roommate walks up behind me (toilet door was open) and sas, in a most serious tone of voice,

"Alex, sorry to disturb you but I think I have to tell you something."

He sounded so strict and stern I thought it must have been a complaint about my late-night-ramblings or my incessant (and excessive) usage of the internet. A little shocked and apprehensive, I turn around to look at him, unable to continue massagin my face.

"The mee siam downstairs is very good, you must try it."

I must have looked quite stunned at this point, because he went on to elaborate:

The mee siam downstairs? Beside the store where they sell the pau?

It finally registers in my still-somewhat-sleepy brain that he is, in fact, making me food recommendations while I'm standing half-naked in a toilet exfoliating my face. I mutter some thanks and try to smile, tasting exfoliant while I'm do it.

He leaves, and it is a while before I can get back to massaging my face, such is the weirdness of the situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home