Google

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Too cute

These days it seems almost anything can be made cute just by slapping it with some anthropomorphic features and eyes, as Marian Bantjes points out. I do agree with her that our concept of cute is slowly changing from being a purely biological function (to protect babies and such, I think I saw that somewhere) to an artificial consumer-driven culture.

Our ancestors would probably have run away from Bambi.

And sometimes, I'm not sure that this tendency for us to think anything can be made cute with fancy illustration is a good thing. Some things should not be made cute-able.

Case in point: Cute internal organs from http://www.iheartguts.com/.

The page this monster came in was titled: Urine Good Hands

Puns aren't cute neither.

Anyone living in LA can help me get a heart-tee?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Don't worry about calling me cute, Frank. No one will think you're gay because of it. Everyone thinks I'm cute."

LoL  

3:38 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I helped you click advertisements... Wonder how much you would get this mth. Maybe you'll notice a 500% increase in revenue.

Lolx  

5:39 PM
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey thanks! You earned me a whole dollar! 400 other suckers like you and I can make rent!  

8:30 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, we need to get 400 people to this site. Which means that you need a reputation.

Run out naked, onto the padang during national day or something. I bet the next day thousands will google for you. Lolx

I heard that one earns 30cents a day in jail. Pretty good money haha.  

6:48 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wad advertisement?  

8:27 PM
Blogger Unknown said...

Errrm. Seet's referring to the ads at the left (they'd better be at the left) courtesy Google Adsense, which I signed up for becasue I thought they'd give me pretty good webstats as well. Turns out they don't really go for page views, but go more on clicks-to-advertisers.

I earn an average of a dollar a month using Adsense. Wowee! In ~100,000 years I can be a millionaire this way!  

8:59 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add my newest blog to your link too. It's ad sense sponsored too.

http://getincharge.blogspot.com/  

10:11 AM

Post a Comment

<< Home