Google

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Short - The Letter

Reading Nick's blog:

Pulled this off someone's blog that Alex linked to. Turns out she's in gender as well.

An ambiguous statement if ever there was one, so I had to check it out. Turns out the "she" referred to in this case was Ling, who is in the same gender studies class as Nick, and not "in gender" or into any kind of similarly kinky-sounding sexually-related activity involving gender issues (as far as I know, dum-dum-dee-dum!). The "this" in question is a short movie (youtube broadcast here) about some AJ (young twinky gay) who struggles with his love and then commits suicide. It's based on a real story, evidently, though since 90% of gay love-story plotlines tend to run along the same forbidden-love-impending-doom track the claim isn't quite so spectacular.

I do seem to remember hearing about some gay guy who committed suicide several years ago, though I'm not sure if it's the same person. Mostly it was girls who became all weepy-sobby about the affair and there was a lot of oh-god-I-was-in-the-same-school-as-him-life-is-so-short or death-is-so-random-it-could-be-me-next kind of thing. I don't think anyone really talked about how if he'd only had a bit more sex he might have been happier.

Since my name's being used in linking to this short movie, I had to check it out (you might want to also, pokemon hentai fans - if you can watch cute anime characters get it on I'm sure underage Singaporean boys will do as well). The director and producer, Juntin Tan and Dex Kan are (as far as I can find out)ACS (Barker) graduates of class 2001, evidently, meaning they're probably fresh out of the army. Google their names for more info - it's a lucky thing they're not shy with them and they have many friends who blog.

It looks like a student piece, so don't expect too much. Also you might fail to connect with it entirely if (like me) you were from a computing class, where the girls did not wear short skirts, people were less likely to pass love-notes than lecture notes in class and physical education classes did not feature fun games involving mouth-to-mouth fruit passing. I also seem to have missed out on the love-someone-and-stalk-them-unrelentlessly-despite-being-coldly-rebuffed stage of my life, which of course is regrettable since it seems to be so much fun.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you there in the movie alex ? i thought i saw someone resembling you passing the carrot around.....  

6:42 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of being in the company of sexily dressed people. Refreshing at first, but very soon you'll get numb to it.

The best you can have, I believe is people who are caring bah. Doesn't mean a thing if you are dressed to kill but don't give a little love and care to people around u isn't it?

Same for the homosexual community I presume. Good looks always seem empty after the sexual urges fade. And you know how fast these feeling go..  

12:04 PM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fwah... I feel like someone has peered into my gendered soul. Now I can't bitch about folks in gender class. The thing is, it ain't fair coz I don't know who's Nick.

...#%&#@

That Ling  

1:40 PM
Blogger Unknown said...

No, I wasn't in the movie... I would never pass a carrot around like that. Don't like carrots.

Seet - just because people dress sexily doesn't mean they're not caring. And butt-ugly people are not necessarily nicer. That said, I do think you are a not-sexily-dressed-but-nice person. Awww.  

11:05 AM
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go butter up else where. Lolz  

1:53 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home