Google

Wednesday, May 28, 2003

First taste of Nietzsche! Reading a Penguin compiled summary of his works. What can I say? He's an egotistical bastard. I suppose that for his time, what he proposed was indeed unconventional and genius level, but skeptics like him have become somewhat a dime a dozen. I wonder if he would have been happy. Although Science is still bound to it's objectives as tightly as when he proposed changes, and there are still stuffy religions, I must say his ideals of a somewhat more "enlightened" humanity, with less trust for each other and more awareness of the limits of their own observational abiility are perhaps more so realised today than in the last century. I don't think he would be. Humans are still as stupid as ever. In any case, his ego probably wouldn't be able to take the fact that the anthropic principle is studied as a 'science'...

You will notice, of course, that the website looks different. The old name, 'Imploded Overexposure' has been scrapped. Instead, I have changed the name to 'Shades of Gray'... Ask of me, and you shall recieve! Or something like that. Kudos to Gary for the suggestion, and for pointing out my sad lack in advertising instinct. Perhaps 'Imploded Exposure' IS a tad too difficult to remember for the common, non-physics majoring, non-photoshop-maniacal student... Hehehe... who says I can't go the Nietzsche way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home