Google

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Wherein I Declare Preserved Food Day

So yesterday was microwaved food day. I bought a couple of packs of frozen meals from the local supermarket and was determined to find out exactly how it felt eating the unhealthy food that gets slammed so much in health news.

It was rather bad. There was the chicken pie with the non-flakey crust, the thai fried rice that had so much sugar in it I actually gagged eating it and of course the chicken sticks. Well, the chicken sticks weren't really that bad. They tasted quite good, actually, if a bit dry. The problem was clearing up after them, though. Turns out that the sweet sauce coating the chicken was full of sugar which promptly melted after a few seconds in the microwave, leaving a coat of black gunk on my plate. Had to scrub like crazy to remove it.

Natural laws state that if food tastes bad, it probably isn't very healthy. I believe it applies here.

I think from now on I'll just stick to instant noodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home