Google

Monday, July 11, 2005

Wherein I Learn How to Pick Up Girls in French

A conversation in my Learning French aid:

Man: Mademoiselle, est-ce que vous voudriez boire quelque chose avec moi? (Excuse me, miss, would you like to drink something with me?)
Woman: Non, c'est madame, pas madamoiselle. (No, it is Mrs, not Miss)
Man: Ah, pardon, madame, mais vous voudriez boire quelque chose avec moi? (Ah, sorry, Mrs, but would you like to have a drink with me?)
W: Non, merci.
M: A une heure? (At one o'clock?)
W: Non, merci.
M: A deux heure? (At one o'clock?)
W: Non, merci.
M: A huit heure? (At one o'clock?)
W: Non, merci.
M: Ah, je comprends maintenant. (Ah, I understand now)
W: Tres bien, vous comprenez maintenant. (Good, you understand now)
M: Vous ne voulez pas boire quelque chose avec moi. (You do not want to drink something with me)
W: Oui, je ne veux pas boire quelque chose avec vous. (Yes, I do not want to drink something with you)
M: Mais vous voudriez manger quelque chose avec moi? (But you would like to eat something with me?)
M: À restaurant. (At a restaurant)
M: À huit heure ou à neuf heure? (At eight or nine o clock?)
W: Pas une heure et pas deux heure (Not at one or two o clock)
W: Pas huit heure et pas neuf heure (Not at eight or nine o clock)
M: À quelle heure? (At what time?)
W: Vous ne comprenez pas, monsieur. (You don't understand, sir)
M: Qu'est-ce que je ne comprens pas? (What don't I understand?)
W: Vous ne comprendez pas l' francais, monsieur. (You don't understand french, sir)

Hahahahahaha. It would have been a lot less humourous if it hadn't all been said with that flat, humourless tone the language teachers use. It's like listening to robots flirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home